The Internet offers the chance to collect information about users. This information can be personally identifiable information or aggregated information. However, your privacy is important to us and we want to be sure that you understand the terms and conditions relating to the way in which we collect information and the use of that information.
This policy explains how we collect, use, share and protect the information we collect about you.
For more information about your rights under the Privacy Act 1993, you should consult your lawyer or visit the website of the Privacy Commissioner www.privacy.org.nz.
The information we collect
Spinorama (“we”, “us”, “our”) may gather certain types of information about the users accessing and interacting with our site, services and social media properties including without limitation Facebook pages managed by us:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for or use services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters, events, and services provided via conversations with software applications such as chatbots. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites and systems. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
When you visit our website or use our services, we collect and store the following information [examples]:
- the IP address of the machine you use to access our website, and the domain name you use to access the internet;
- your operating system, the type of internet browser you use, and any search engine used;
- details about the way you browse;
- any online transactions made;
- the time and date of your visit;
- the website pages (URLs) that you visit;
- Facebook Messenger account used by you to access our services;
- the domain name of the website you visit when you leave our website.
Who we share this information with
We do not sell information which identifies you personally. We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties apart from in the following circumstances:
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties (a) when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law or (b) when you interact with our services developed and maintained by us for these third parties
- Only if your prior permission has been obtained (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites or using our solutions and services. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our services.
- To process any transactions that you might make on our system.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
Where you choose to provide us with personal information such as your contact details by, for example, filling in an order form, that information may be used to communicate with you about other services we provide you with or which we think you might be interested in. This includes, but is not limited to, email marketing.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your device and is recognised by our server when you using our services. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does usually provide details of your IP address, the platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Microsoft Edge or Chrome) and what domain you are accessing our services from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site and system.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain services without having to log in each time you visit.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt into certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services. If you do not wish to receive email marketing you can unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. If you do not wish to receive subscription-based messages delivered via our or partner chatbots, you can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ feature offered in every subscription-based message from these chatbots.
How we protect your information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss or other misuses.
While we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, personal information provided by you via the internet is done so at your own risk.
Your rights to your information
You have the right to ask for access to any of your personal information that we hold. If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, then you can ask us to correct it. We may require you to provide proof of identity before you can correct information held by us about you.
If you want to update the personal information we hold about you, such as your contact details, you can email us.
Can we change this policy?